We have a high ratio of adults to children in the setting.
This helps us to:
- give time and attention to each child;
- talk with the children about their interests and activities;
- help children to experience and benefit from the activities we provide;
- allow the children to explore and be adventurous in safety
- Manager: Mariam Zaki
- Deputy Manager: Joan Petit
- Pre-school Practitioners: Peggy Sue Delia
- Rehana Dawlatzai
- Nirmala Varsani (Special Needs C0-ordinator)
All of our staff are experienced and qualified in early years care and education. In addition, all staff regularly take part in further training to enhance their skills and keep up-to-date with any developments in early years care and education. All our staff are CRB checked in accordance with Ofsted’s requirements.
A parent management committee – whose members are elected by the parents of the children who attend the pre-school – manages the pre-school. The elections take place at the pre-school’s Annual General Meeting which is held each year. The committee is responsible for:
- managing the pre-school’s finances;
- employing and managing the staff;
- making sure that the pre-school has – and works to – policies which help it o provide a high quality service; and
- making sure that the pre-school works in partnership with the children’s parents.
- Committee members: All Pre-School Parents
- Chairperson: Amreet Notta
- Vice Chair:
- Treasurer: Teboho Monare
- Secretary: Yuiko Yuzawa
- All Staff Members
Pre-schools that are committee run enable parents to be involved in their child’s education, safety and security. It is important that parents who send their children to West Hendon Pre-School are aware of the way in which it operates and should be prepared to help in the running of the pre-school, be it in a committee role or in some other smaller way.
The Annual General Meeting is open to the parents of all the children who attend the pre-school. It is their forum for looking back over the previous year’s activities and shaping the coming year’s activities.