Parental Involvement in our Pre-School
As a member of the Pre-School Learning Alliance, West Hendon Pre-School recognizes parents as the first and most important educators of their children. All of the staff see themselves as co-workers with you in providing care and education for your child. There are many ways in which parents take part in making the Pre-School a welcoming and stimulating place for children and parents, such as:
- exchanging knowledge about their children’s needs activities, interests, activities and progress with the staff;
- helping at sessions of the Pre-School;
- sharing their own interests with the children;
- helping to provide, make and look after the equipment and materials used in the children’s play activities;
- being part of the management of the Pre-School;
- taking part in events and informal discussions about the activities and curriculum provided by the Pre-School;
- joining in community activities in which the Pre-School takes part; and
- building friendships with other parents in the Pre-School.
We encourage parents/carers to participate in our rota system where each month you attend the setting for a session. Maybe you have a hobby or skills you can teach the children? Most parents in the past have found this a welcome break from their usual routine and it also gives the parents the opportunity to get to know the staff and the Pre-School better. We regard parent participation with great importance, not only for the extra help, but also for your child’s benefit. We get the opportunity to talk to you about your child and you get the opportunity to play with your child in a different environment to home and to find out more about your child’s day.
The rota is an important part of the Pre-School and you will find the rota list situated on the notice board. We do appreciate that there may sometimes be difficulties with carrying out rota duty so please discuss this with the staff as soon as possible.
Your views are all greatly valued. Meetings of parents/carers occur periodically to decide on fundraising, events like parties, outings of to discuss the general running of the group. The Pre-School is a committee run setting and all parents automatically become members when their child starts attending. It is important that everyone attend and is involved. Check the Welcome page for the next meeting date!